Oct 06, 2020
IN THIS EDITION:
- PTC - TODAY is the last day to sign up!
- Online Book Fair
- POET Fall Festival at Black Island Farms
- You can now order YEARBOOKS online!
- Your Pictures Wanted for the Yearbook
- Jr. High Parent Canvas Help
- Upcoming Events
- Quick Links
PTC - TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SIGN UP - Monday, October 12 & Tuesday, October 13 are virtual appointments only, and Wednesday, October 14 is reserved for those who need in-person meetings.
To schedule your appointment, go to: https://www.canyoncreeksoftware.com/scheduler/ut/northdavisprep/
- The password is: special
- You will need your student's four-digit Aspire ID to proceed. If you do not know their ID, you can select "lookup student ID."
- Your teacher will send you the conference details before your meeting date.
EN ESPAÑOL: https://northdavisprep.org/blog_posts/277
ONLINE BOOK FAIR - We are working hard to keep kids reading and raise funds for our school with our Scholastic Online-Only Book Fair, from October 12 to October 25. The Fair will connect your kids to notable books and inspiring characters, helping them become lifelong readers. You’ll love the new option to shop for Book Fair exclusives directly from the interactive booklist. Plus, enjoy these special online shopping features:
-Access to over 6,000 products
-All orders ship direct to home
-FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
-All purchases support our school and earn 25% in rewards
Visit NDPA's Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with online shopping October 12-25: https://tinyurl.com/y3t5v8sx OR https://www.scholastic.com/bf/northdavisprepacademy1
POET FALL FESTIVAL AT BLACK ISLAND FARMS - Wednesday, October 14, all day! Mention NDPA to get in for only $6 for the maze and courtyard, or $9 to include the u-pick pumpkin patch too!
- Come see the NDPA Spirit Squad perform at 6:15 PM.
- Masks are required.
- The hayride is closed, but you can take your personal vehicle to the pumpkin patch.
- Bring bug spray!
ORDER YEARBOOKS ONLINE - Parents you can now order your yearbooks!
- K-6 Elementary yearbooks are $14 until December 31. Here is the link for grades K-6: https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/index.cfm/job/20030 - Enter our school name and your student’s name to begin your order.
- 7-9 Junior High yearbooks are $22 until December 31. Here is the link for grades 7-9: https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/index.cfm/job/16104 - Enter our school name and your student’s name to begin your order.
- Please remember that the Elementary (K-6) and Jr. High books (7-9) have different ordering codes, so please make sure you are selecting the appropriate one for your child’s grade.
YOUR PICTURES WANTED FOR THE YEARBOOK - If you have school event and sports pictures photos (think Fun Run, Soccer, and XCountry), please share them with the yearbook committee!
Upload your photos at http://www.hjeshare.com/eShare/index.html
- K-6 use code: NDPAElementary
- Jr. High code: NDPA
Codes are case sensitive.
JR HIGH PARENT CANVAS HELP - Jr. High parents...Want help with canvas? Want to see what your students should be working on? The following links will be helpful. Our Canvas URL is https://northdavisprep.instructure.com
THIS IS THE LINK to show students how to create a Pairing code for parents: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-generate-a-pairing-code-for-an-observer-as-a-student/ta-p/418
THIS IS THE LINK to show parents how to create their account to pair with their students: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Observer-Guide/How-do-I-sign-up-for-a-Canvas-account-as-a-parent/ta-p/540
And THIS IS THE LINK to show parents how to link with multiple Canvas accounts: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Observer-Guide/How-do-I-link-a-student-to-my-user-account-as-an-observer/ta-p/539
If you need further assistance, please contact our school counselor, Debra Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, October 6 - Spirit Squad practice, 3:30 PM
Tuesday, October 6 - Jr. High Soccer Tournament, 4:30 PM
Wednesday, October 7 - Jr. High Soccer Tournament, 4:30 PM
Wednesday, October 7 - NDPA Board meeting, 6:30 PM
Thursday, October 8 - Jr. High Soccer Tournament, 4:30 PM
Thursday, October 8 - POET meeting, 6:30 PM
Saturday, October 10 - Spirit Squad practice, 8:30-11:30 AM
Monday, October 12 - EARLY OUT + Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences by appointment
Tuesday, October 13 - EARLY OUT + Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences by appointment
Wednesday, October 14 - EARLY OUT + Parent-Teacher Conferences by appointment
Wednesday, October 14 - POET Fall Festival at Black Island Farms, all day
Thursday, October 15-Friday, October 16 - NO SCHOOL - FALL BREAK
Saturday, October 17 - Spirit Squad practice, 8:30-11:30 AM
Tuesday, October 20 - Spirit Squad practice, 3:30 PM
Thursday, October 22 - Term 1 ends
Saturday, October 24 - Spirit Squad practice, 8:30-11:30 AM
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- NO SCHOOL, Teacher Comp Day, October 30
SCHOOL WEBSITE: https://northdavisprep.org/
2020-21 ANNUAL SCHOOL CALENDAR: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/198/2020-2021_SY_Calendar__Page_1.jpg
NDPA ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/northdavisprep/
POET on INSTAGRAM: poet.ndpa
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NDPA YOU TUBE PAGE - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTkFNh_OVKToRZjii8f2Mqg
BOX TOPS: http://www.boxtops4education.com/bonusapp
AMAZON SMILE: Make your purchases through smile.amazon.com, and they give a % back to NDPA at no additional cost to you!
FREE & REDUCED SCHOOL LUNCH: Apply online via your Aspire login
FEE WAIVERS: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/224/FeeWaiverApplication712.pdf - EN ESPAÑOL: https://northdavisprep.org/uploads/document/attachment/225/FeeWaiverApplication712Spanish.pdf